Hi, I’m Seth!
In addition to my job, which I really enjoy doing, I also enjoy traveling, taking photographs and playing with computers (photo editing, video editing, drawing pictures, writing applications, and generally playing around). I have to admit to being a food lover, and I always look forward to trying new foods in the places I visit!
In 2010 I was awarded a master of science degree from the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Howard University in Washington, DC. Following my graduation, I was invited back to the Prince George’s County Public Schools Infants and Toddlers Program in Maryland where I had performed one of my internships. I’ve served on both the dedicated assessment team there as well as the treatment team.
Currently I work doing private practice in Tokyo, Japan, and the surrounding area.
My interests and specialties include:
- Pediatric speech and language delays and disorders
- Assistive Technology, especially in the realm of Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Neurogenic speech and language disorders (acquired and developmental)
- Culturally and linguistically diverse populations
Guest lectures I’ve presented:
- Howard University – Washington DC – Creating Low-Cost & Free High-Tech AAC Devices
- Iona University – New York, NY – Working with Cultural & Linguistic Diversity in Early Intervention
- Ryukyu Rehabilitation Academy – Okinawa, Japan – Speech Language Pathology in the USA
- Shonan Kamakura General Hospital– Okinawa, Japan – Speech Language Pathology in the USA
- Okinawa Rehabilitation Center Hospital – Okinawa, Japan – Treatment Models & Environment